Friday, September 16, 2011

I'm Just a Big Fatty

Let's take a second and discuss how finding someone attractive works? OK, I really don't want to discuss the science behind it. I just want some answers as to why certain guys, who I think are awesome, are still waiting for the right girl. Then I see dudes with some of the cutest girls I've seen on this earth, well, this island, and wonder what those girls could possibly see in them. 

Now, I know there's a ton of "relationship" advice out there in the world, and God knows that I don't want to add more on to that steaming pile heap, but what gives? I may be speaking personally here, but I'm sure a lot of readers might be feeling the same thing. There's also the possibility that girls might be switching the roles here and asking the very same question.

For a while, I've come to terms that in order to attract the type of girl I want, I need to make myself attractive to them. I don't mean by changing who I am, just that I could stand to lose a few pounds. No, no, please. I can hear your protests already, but I assure you, I could do without the extra weight. Heck, the main reason is my health and the (inevitable) girls would be a bonus.

What it boils down to is that I'd be healthier and would allow me to do things I have wanted to do. This in turn would make me happier. But, what about the other guys that I know who have no need to lose weight? Is there something they feel they could do about themselves also? What about the Ryan Goslings of this world who are normal, everyday guys? Where do they fit into this? Why hasn't my question been answered? Am I being delusional in thinking that girls would automatically come crashing at my feet when I lose weight? Is there even an answer to these stupid questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment