Tuesday, July 26, 2011

"I Want To Go To There."

This past weekend, I celebrated the marriage of my two friends. Unlike other weddings I had been to, they had two ceremonies taking place on two different days. The bride is of West Indian decent so they had a traditional Hindu ceremony. It was unlike anything I had ever experienced. I could go into detail about the wedding and the countless colors they used to celebrate this union, but this post isn't about that. It's not about the Christian ceremony they had two days later.

I simply want to marvel at the beauty there is within humanity on this Earth. How completely different we can be, yet there is something spectacular about each of us and I don't just mean the women. Seeing how her family came together and celebrated this marriage showed me a world I had never experienced before. It lit in me a desire to see the rest of the world and tap into my inner Anthony Bourdain. I'll even gladly accept the pay he receives.

This is a short entry and I just wanted to share a saying with you. Life is too short to be lived in one place on one continent. I hope to get around soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment