Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Day of Geekening is at Hand!

Plenty of people are saying that finally the geeks and nerds are having their day and it couldn't be any more true. Just take a look at the movies that are and have hit theaters already.

Iron Man, Thor, Spider-Man, Captain America, The Avengers, Transformers, and more. There is even more evidence on TV. We've got the rise of Doctor Who fans every where you turn. Also, I've just heard that the Hulk is coming back to primetime. Then, one of the biggest pieces of evidence is the inclusion of the G4 (essentially the hub for all things nerdy/awesome on TV) app I found on one of my best friend's phones. Never in a million years did I think this kid would have that on there. Heck, he never even had cable while growing up!

And let me not forget one little detail some of you might not know. Vin Diesel not only played Dungeons & Dragons for over 20 years, but has also written the foreword for the book celebrating it's 30 year anniversary. That's right. Teretto rolls 20 sided deep.

I think it's safe to say that the media is completely saturated with most things Geek and I'm completely happy with that. But, where does it go from here? I'm not going to make any speculation because I honestly don't have any. My immediate response would be the internet, but who am I kidding? If nerdy/geeky were measured in population, the internet would be the whole of Asia. That includes India, guys.

So, I guess the nerds have to go deeper. I hope to see D&D invite only parties and underground Star Wars raves. It's about time the world sees a Wookie tripping on acid.

No comments:

Post a Comment